Access Statement for Budle Hall
Situated one mile from Bamburgh and only five minutes’ walk to beautiful sandy beaches Budle Hall is the perfect place to stay to get away from it all.
We offer 4 bedrooms, all of which are on the first floor. For breakfast, where possible, we use locally sourced ingredients and cater for varying dietary requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01668 214297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is NE69 7AJ to get directions.
- The nearest railway stations are Berwick-upon-Tweed and Alnmouth, which are both approximately 18 miles away. Taxis are available at Berwick-upon-Tweed station, and can be booked from Alnmouth. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The bus service will drop you on request at the bottom of the drive. The house is 100m walk from here, though we will happily collect you by arrangement (there is no mobile reception at the bottom of the drive). There is no shelter or seating. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. The X18 bus runs to/from the bus station approximately every two hours, though it is always best to check (see our Contact Us page for the link to the timetable).
- There is no pavement, the drive is a rough tarmac and the front of the house is gravel.
- This Access Statement is available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is plenty of parking at the front of the house, approximately 2 metres from the front door.
- The driveway is a rough tarmac and becomes gravel in the parking area at the front of the house.
- Parking is available by arrangement at the back of the house with easier access for wheelchairs and mobility impaired as it is all on the same level.
- There are 3 steps to the front door (14cm, 14cm and 15cm). There are no handrails.
- The front door is 1.40 wide.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register if not registered in advance. Seating is available on the same level in the Guest Sitting Room if required for this (see picture on website).
- The flooring in the Outer Hall is hard floor.
- The flooring in the Inner Hall is thick hotel range carpet with underlay.
- The area is reasonably well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad of paper are available on requiest. Guests are shown the Guest Sitting Room, Dining Room and their Bedroom.
Public Areas – Guest Sitting Room
- The Guest Sitting Room is located on the ground floor with step free entry from the outer hall. The door is 86cm wide.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs as well as some high chairs.
- There is a table with chairs.
- Lighting is natural daylight. In the evening/when darker lamps are switched on.
- The flooring is short pile carpet and a couple of rugs.
Public Areas – Breakfast/Dining Room
- The Guest Dining Room is located on the ground floor with step free entry from the inner hall. The door is 86cm wide.
- There is a table with chairs, with and without arms.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- There is a small unisex toilet, with one sink and hand basin, through the door at the back of the Inner Hall (door width 85cm).
- The door opens allowing for 66cm width.
- There is a slightly uneven floor in the back corridor leading to the toilet.
- There is no space to the side of the toilet.
- The toilet height is 400mm.
- The taps are turn taps.
- In the summer tables and chairs are available to use. The lawn and gravel drive are an uneven surface.
- To access the bedrooms on the first floor there are 14 steps, a landing then another 14 steps to a top landing off which go all the bedrooms. Handrail available on one side.
- Room 1: Family Suite:
- Two bedrooms, one with a Vi-Sprint super-king size bed (height of bed to edge of mattress piping 63cm), and the other an interconnecting twin with Ortho mattresses.
- A walk-through dressing room to the bathroom (bath with hand-held shower up a 15cm platform). Carpeted bathroom.
- Other facilities; dressing table, bedside tables, one sofa (height 39cm plus 6cm cushion), hospitality tray, digital television, towels are provided.
- The interconnecting twin with access to the bathroom both through the double room and alternatively into the main corridor then through the dressing room to the bathroom. Chair height in twin 38 cm.
- Doors: The main door to this suite is 86cm wide. The door to the bathroom direct from the double room is 62cm wide, though the bathroom can be accessed via the interconnecting twin room, out into the corridor and back through the dressing room.
- Plenty of access one side of the bed, slightly wider than a side table on the other side.
Room 2: Double/Twin:
- Two Vi-Spring single beds or a super-king (height of bed to edge of mattress piping 63cm)
- Other facilities; fitted wardrobe, dressing table, bedside table and chair, hospitality tray, digital television, information folders, towels and toiletries are provided. Upright armchair height 39cm plus 7cm cushion). Daybed 37cm plus 10cm mattress.
- This room is not en-suite but does have its own private bathroom with an over-bath-shower just along the corridor. Grab rail on the bath. Carpeted bathroom.
- Doors: The door to this room is 86cm wide. The bathroom door is 86cm wide.
- Plenty of access on one side of the bed, a side-table width on the other.
Room 3: Double:
- A Vi-Spring super-king bed (height of bed to edge of mattress piping 63cm)
- Other facilties; a chest of drawers, two bedside tables, a low comfy chair without arms (height 34cm & 7cm cushion) with footstool (height 32cm), a dressing table with chair, digital television, towels and toiletries.
- Shower room with large shower with a 13cm step/lip into it – the shower base is level to the floor. Hard floor bathroom.
- Doors: The door to this room is 86cm wide, the bathroom door is 86cm wide and the shower door when open allows for 52cm. There is a 13cm step/lip into the shower which sits level to the floor.
- Plenty of access one side of the bed, a side-table width on the other.
Room 4: Double:
- A Vi-Spring super-king bed (height of bed to edge of mattress piping 63cm)
- Other details; a small sofa (height 37cm) and a comfy chair (height 39cm), a dressing table and chair, window seat, hospitality tray, digital television, information folders, towels and toiletries are provided.
- Large bathroom with bath and over-bath-shower. The door to this room is 86cm wide and the bathroom also 86cm wide. Carpeted bathroom.
- Plenty of access either side of the bed.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- A water bowl is available on request for dogs and can be supplied for bedrooms where necessary.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit is the Wansbeck, some 40 miles away. You will find details for medical services in your Welcome Folder in your room.
- Very basic free WiFi access is available.
- Future Plans
- We are constantly reviewing our procedures and information to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with this project.
Address: Budle Hall, Bamburgh, NE69 7AJ
Telephone: 01668 214297
Hours of Operation: Open all Year